Unscheduled absenteeism can significantly impact your company's bottom line, contributing to lost productivity, increased overtime costs, and elevated stress among employees left to pick up the slack. In this episode, we'll explore ways employers can help reduce unscheduled absenteeism, including:
- [00:54] How can employers encourage regular attendance?
- [01:15] What should be included in a timekeeping policy?
- [02:05] What should be included in an attendance policy?
- [02:30] How can employers effectively minimize unexpected absences?
- [03:38] How should an employer address an employee who is frequently absent?
- [04:43] Can employers require documentation, like a doctor's note?
Copyright © 2022 ADP, Inc. All rights reserved. This content may not be distributed, reproduced, modified, sold or used without the written permission of ADP. The information is provided "as is" without any expressed or implied warranty, is based on generally accepted HR practices and is advisory in nature. This content is provided with the understanding that neither the presenters nor the writers are rendering legal advice or other professional services. Employers are encouraged to consult with legal counsel for advice regarding their organization's compliance with applicable laws. This material is current as of the date of this episode (August 2022).